Friday is a HIGHLY anticipated day for many; I, personally, have been counting down the days since September.
What is this big event, you ask? Well, no, it’s not Black Friday (even though I cannot wait to shop my heart out).
This Friday, Netflix will release the “Gilmore Girls: A Year in The Life” revival episodes!
Yes, get the champagne!
Fans across the world are thrilled to welcome back all of their favorite characters for a four-part revival of the classic, feel-good show.
Countless sugar-filled watch parties and TV-binge sessions will occur this weekend, so, naturally, I wanted to share with you friends a snack that is obviously Gilmore-approved. Where better to gain inspiration than Lorelei herself?
I present to you today: easy, no-bake Pop-Tart truffles!
This recipe was adapted and tweaked from a few similar to it, with an added flair that can only be attributed to the great Sookie! It is not for the weak-at-heart… or the diabetic; you’ve been warned!!
Here is what you will need:
- 8 strawberry Pop-Tarts
- 1 (16 oz) container of vanilla frosting
- 1 (16 oz) container of white frosting
- Yellow food coloring
- Sugar sprinkles
- Cookie dough scooper
- Parchment paper
Let’s Get Started:
- Crush your Pop-Tarts in a Ziplock baggie, or chop them in a food processor, and throw them in a large bowl.
- Add 3/4 of a cup of white frosting to the bowl, and combine ingredients with a hand mixer until evenly dispersed.
- Using a cookie dough scooper, measure out teaspoon-sized “balls” of the mixture, rolling them between your hands if necessary. Drop them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to let the truffles solidify.
- Microwave about three-quarters of your vanilla frosting (set the remaining frosting aside). As usual, when melting something down, you want to heat in thirty-second intervals, stirring in between until the consistency is just right (times will vary depending on the strength and power of your microwave).
- Add 4-6 drops of yellow food coloring to your melted frosting and stir. This gives you the base color for your truffles, resembling the “crust” of an actual Pop-Tart.
- Using 2 toothpicks, fully dunk each truffle into the melted, tinted frosting, and set back on the parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator again, this time for 25-35 minutes, until the frosting is set.
- Microwave the remaining vanilla frosting using the same method as before, and dip the top of each truffle in, or spread the frosting on top with a knife. Place back onto the parchment paper, and top with sprinkles.
- Eat immediately, or refrigerate again until ready to serve.
Hope you have a great, Gilmore-filled weekend! Oh, and go TEAM JESS! HA!
These Gilmore Girls Pop Tart Truffles are something Lorelei would definitely have whipped up for one of Rory #39;s Bake Sales, and you should whip them up for your A Year In The Life Revival party!